Sage Software, Inc.
Sage at HR Tech Summit Referral Sweepstakes
No Purchase NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This is a professional trade promotion not open to the general public. The Sage at HR Tech Summit Referral Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to HR professionals who are attending the HR Tech Summit show taking place June 26-27, 2018 at the Toronto Congress Centre in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, who are residents of Canada, the United States, or the District of Columbia and who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or state of residence at or before the start of the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sage Software Canada Ltd., its related companies, partners, and agents are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec, and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sage Software Canada Ltd., 120 Bremner Blvd, Suite 1500, Toronto, Ontario M5J 0A1 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling in a timely manner all requirements set forth herein. By entering, entrant grants permission for the use of the entry and his/her name to be posted on the Internet (on the Sponsor’s website and any other website) in connection with the Sweepstakes, and to be used in any advertising and promotion by Sponsor, and otherwise, as may be stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has all right and authority to grant such permission. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, however, there is no obligation of the Sponsor or any other person or entity to post or make any use of the entry.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 26, 2018 and ends 4:30 PM ET on June 27, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to enter: To enter for a chance to win the prize, stop by the Sage booth during the Sweepstakes Period and let us know who is the right person for us to contact at your company. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, invalid, late, or illegible entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
- Drawing: A drawing will be held on June 27, 2018. Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential winner of the prize listed below in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The potential prize winner will be notified via email address provided upon entry. Potential winners who do not respond to claim the prize within seven (7) days will forfeit their prize. Sponsor will conduct one (1) alternate drawing to award the prizes, after which time the prizes will go unawarded. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to correctly answer, without mechanical aid, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by telephone, at a time mutually convenient for potential winner and Sponsor, prior to verification and award of prize.
- Prizes: The prize is a Google Home (CAD $179). The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the original prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees that are not expressly mentioned above and are associated with receipt or use of the prize. The odds of winning the prize once the entry has been submitted depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- General conditions: In the event that the operation, security, administration, or integrity of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including fraud, technical problem, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries properly received up to the time of the impairment, or (c) suspend the Sweepstakes entirely. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entity it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any disruptive manner. Any attempt by any entity to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entity to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision
- Release and limitations of liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons, entities, or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of Ontario; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
- Official Rules and sweepstakes results: To request a copy of the Official Rules and name of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 31, 2018 to Sage Software Canada Ltd., Attn: Carol Foote, 120 Bremner Blvd, Suite 1500, Toronto, Ontario M5J 0A1.